STEPS is an Engineers Ireland programme which encourages primary and post-primary students to explore the world of science, technology, engineering and mathematics while also promoting engineering as career choice.
The STEPS team develops initiatives for various audiences including primary and post-primary students, teachers, guidance counsellors and parents. STEPS materials and resources are continually updated with input from relevant stakeholders.
The major elements of the STEPS programme are listed here.
- Xperience Engineering Project
- The Electro-Magnetic Engineering Show
- The Engineering and Technology
- Champions Programme
- Career events
- Career videos
- Maths support materials
- Free maths tutorials
- Maths workshops/roadshows
- Development of online mathematics software
- Events during Maths Week
- Engineers Week
- International Women’s Day
- Communicating STEM Conference
- Online Communicating STEM Forum
- SMART Futures Seminar
For full details about STEPS and these activities, visit www.STEPS.ie